Information and Resources Regarding Centre Foundation’s Response to COVID-19
UPDATED (5/8/2020) – Centre Foundation Releases the Granting Schedule for its $375,000 COVID-19 ACTION Fund. Read the full story by clicking the button below.
UPDATED (4/3/2020) – Centre Foundation Commits Over $500,000 of Support to Nonprofits Amid COVID-19 Crisis. Read the full story by clicking the button below.
UPDATED (3/30/2020) –A resource directory has been added to the bottom of this post. If you become aware of beneficial information that may be useful for our community to be informed of, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This directory will be updated regularly as information changes.
UPDATED (3/27/2020) –To protect the health and safety of both our staff and community, Centre Foundation staff will operate remotely until further notice. Our staff can be reached by phone or email. Calls to our office will be returned promptly.
March 12, 2020 – As our region prepares for the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take a moment to assure you that we remain focused on continuing to support our community. We continue to monitor the situation and feel confident in our ability to continue our mission work throughout the next weeks and months.
Centre Foundation has the technological and operational infrastructure for the organization to work virtually and, in the interest of protecting our staff and the general public, will be utilizing this capability until March 27th (or longer should circumstances merit an extension).
We understand that this situation may create significant hardships for the nonprofits we serve. We will be monitoring the situation and will be considering options to support nonprofits as needed. We will, of course, be in touch with our donors and fundholders to provide information and answer any questions they may have.
To assure the health and safety of everyone involved, we are canceling or rescheduling our events in March and April. More information is on our website and registered participants will receive details regarding those specific plans in the immediate future.
Thank you for your patience. We’ve seen our community pull together and support each other in difficult situations in the past, and we have faith that will happen again in this time of uncertainty.
Our core purpose is improving the lives of those in Centre County and we are honored to be working together with you to continue to make that happen. We sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are well.
Local Community Resources
- 24/7 CentreHelps Emergency Needs Hotline
- 24/7 CentreSafe Domestic Violence Hotline and Resources
- Centre County Food Pantry Directory
- Centre County Government
- ClearWater Conservancy, Social Distancing in the Outdoors (Virtual Weekly Adventure Guide)
- State College Borough Community & COVID-19 Hub
Countywide Nonprofit and Small Business Resources
- CBICC Resource and Response Center
- Centre County Nonprofit COVID-19 Response Forum
- Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations COVID-19 Resources
- Virtual Zoom Meeting Rooms Provided by Schlow and Centre Foundation
Statewide and National Resources
- Center for Disease Control
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Coronavirus Tax Relief (Stimulus Checks and Federal Tax Extension)
- Federal Student Aid Forbearance Information
- Pennsylvania Department of Health