In April 2020, Centre Foundation established a COVID-19 Response Fund to provide grants to local nonprofit organizations affected by the pandemic. Funding from the COVID-19 ACTION (Activating Contributions to Invest in Operations of Nonprofits) Fund will be made available in three phases, outlined below.
Phase One (Closed) – In June, Centre Foundation awarded $100,000 in grants to 14 nonprofits to support the immediate provision of health or human service needs for Centre County residents. Learn more about the grants that were awarded here.
Phase Two (Closed) – As the crisis continues to be felt in our community, nonprofit organizations may be affected in a variety of ways, from meeting increased community needs to decreased income due to canceled fundraisers or reduced program revenue. Funding from Phase Two will provide operating support and/or program funding to local organizations that have been financially impacted as a result of the pandemic.
- The total available for Phase Two is $150,000. Individual organizations may request up to $10,000.
- Qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, schools, and/or units of government that serve Centre County, PA residents may apply. We are not able to fund individuals or businesses through this fund.
- Receiving a grant during any particular Centre Foundation grant cycle will not preclude you from receiving a Centre County COVID-19 ACTION Fund Grant in the future.
- The deadline to apply was 8:00 pm on Friday, September 11.
Phase Three – The ongoing effects of COVID-19 may not be clear for several months, as the long term economic and social impacts of the crisis are fully realized. Centre Foundation will continue to monitor the crisis and work closely with local nonprofits to assess long term impacts. Funding from Phase Three will provide support for strategic planning for nonprofits as they face the rapidly changing needs in the community as a result of COVID-19.
- The total available for Phase Three is $125,000.
- Applications for Phase Three will become available in late 2020.
You can support Centre Foundation’s COVID-19 ACTION Fund by making a tax-deductible donation. Donate securely online, mail your check payable to Centre Foundation with “ACTION Fund” in the memo line to: Centre Foundation, 1377 Ridge Master Drive, State College, PA 16803, or contact our office at 814-237-6229 for assistance.