Funding from the COVID-19 ACTION (Activating Contributions to Invest in Operations of Nonprofits) Fund will be made available in three phases, outlined below.
Phase One (Closed) – In June, Centre Foundation awarded $100,000 in grants to 14 nonprofits to support the immediate provision of health or human service needs for local residents. Learn more about the grants that were awarded here.
- Grants of up to $10,000 were awarded in July to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, schools, and/or units of government that serve Centre County, PA residents.
- Any nonprofits were permitted to apply, but funding was intended to be used to support the immediate provision of health or human service needs for local residents.
Phase Two – As the crisis continues to be felt in our community, nonprofit organizations may be affected in a variety of ways, from meeting increased community needs to decreased income due to canceled fundraisers or reduced program revenue. Funding from Phase Two will support the operational or programmatic needs of local nonprofits in their ongoing efforts to provide services during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The total available for Phase Two is $150,000.
- Applications will open on August 5.
- This granting round will provide funding to meet any operational or program needs which have been disrupted by the COVID-19 crisis and will be open to any nonprofit serving Centre County residents. It is not limited to health or human services organizations or programs.
Phase Three – The ongoing effects of COVID-19 may not be clear for several months, as the long term economic and social impacts of the crisis are fully realized. Centre Foundation will continue to monitor the crisis and work closely with local nonprofits to assess long term impacts. Funding from Phase Three will provide support for strategic planning for nonprofits as they face the rapidly changing needs in the community as a result of COVID-19.
- The total available for Phase Three is $125,000.
- Applications for Phase Three will become available in late 2020.
Anyone interested in supporting the fund can make a gift here: https://centre-foundation.org/funds/centre-foundation-covid-19-action-fund/