Hubert H. and Helen M. Haugh Fund
In 1879, John Haugh moved from Scotland to central Pennsylvania, where he worked in Andrew Carnegie's iron ore mines in Scotia. By the 1920's, he began purchasing land in and around Scotia and State College. In 1990, his grandchildren, Hubert “Hubie” and Helen Haugh, gave Patton Township land on Circleville Road where the Haugh Family Pavilion and Park now stand. In 2005, they continued giving the land they love to the community they love. Property surrounding the Park was conveyed by the Haugh families by bargain sale to Patton Township to be held in perpetuity in its natural state. To help preserve this 465-acre parcel, Hubie and Helen established the Hubert H. and Helen. M. Haugh Fund, which helps Patton Township pay for protection and preservation of this land now and forever. Through their land stewardship and through their vision of the legacy they could leave, all future generations of Centre County residents will be able to enjoy the Haugh family's generosity.
Donate to Hubert H. and Helen M. Haugh Fund
Protecting and preserving the Haugh Family Park for future generations' enjoyment