Charles Schlow Library Fund
The first incarnation of Schlow Library, then called the State College Public Library, opened January 17, 1957 at 222 West College Avenue. The building was donated by a prominent local businessman, Charles Schlow. Thanks to help from the community, the library quickly expanded from two rooms to four rooms, and by 1966, the library moved to its current location at the corner of Beaver Avenue and Allen Street. In 2005, renovations were completed and the library re-opened in its current state. From the beginning, Charles understood the importance of housing the library. With this fund, his legacy continues and ensures this community resource will always have a home. This fund provides support for capital improvements exclusively and does not pay for maintenance or operating expenditures.
Donate to Charles Schlow Library Fund
Supporting a community resource, housing a library